Friday, October 30, 2015

#Plan4WriMo Day 27: Create a Beat Sheet


A beat sheet is a structural outline of your novel that ensures you’ve got all your plot points, pinch points, midpoints etc happening at roughly the right time within your story architecture. For me, this is where my brightly colored notecards come in, because I can then begin to break my book down scene by scene surrounding these crucial points in my manuscript.

Larry Brooks has some awesome examples of Beat Sheets throughout his posts on his website. So that’s where most of today’s links come from:

Today’s Links












It’s time to put your plotting skills to the test. Have you identified your tent posts? Do you know where you’re headed and how you’re going to get there? Give it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment