Friday, October 31, 2014

#Plan4WriMo Day 31: Pat Yourself on the Back

And on the thirty-first day, the writers rested.


It’s Halloween, which for me means a preschool costume parade, a teacher workday, and a whole lot of candy. But for those of us who have been busting our butts preparing for NaNoWriMo, it’s also a day of writerly rest.

Let your brain breathe. Step away from the computer. Take a kid Trick or Treating. Hug your husband. Call your mom. After all, they’re not going to hear much from you over the next thirty days.

But I hope some of this has been helpful—that you’ve learned something about yourself or your writing that you didn’t know before. That you found a new blog to follow through the links or made a new writer friend in the comments. And if not, shoot me a message and tell me why.

Okay, now it’s time to stop reading this blog.

No really.

We’re done.

Take a break.


You’ve earned it. 

2 comments:

  1. Your 31-day NaNo crash course ROCKS. Thanks for changing me from a pantser into a plotter. I'm actually stoked to start writing tomorrow because feel fully prepped. You're awesome. Awwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I almost can't believe it's tomorrow.

    Good luck to everyone :3

    ReplyDelete