Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday for November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.Check the link to learn more and join the blog hop!



TOP TEN BOOKS FOR RISING NINTH GRADE GIRLS

Since I toil all day at a middle school I figured this would be a good choice. And here I'm not talking about pretentious reading eons above grade level kids who are being bred as literary snobs like the child of a certain writer I know who is forcing her sixth grader to read Anna Karenina and claiming she's enjoying it. I mean books that are mostly age appropriate and deal with the sort of themes eighth grade girls might actually be interested in the summer before they enter high school. So here we go....


1. PROMISE ME SOMETHING--Sara Kocek

2. LOOKING FOR ALASKA--John Green

3. BEFORE I FALL--Lauren Oliver

4. HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE--J.K. Rowling 

5. FOREVER--Judy Blume

6. BOY 21--Matthew Quick

7. SPEAK--Laurie Halse Anderson

8. THIRTEEN REASONS WHY--Jay Asher

9. HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE--J.K. Rowling 

10. DREAMLAND--Sarah Dessen



What books would you include on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment