Thursday, November 7, 2013

All the Feels: A Re-post Series during NaNoWriMo

Since November is NaNoWriMo and when I'm not working, Mom-ing, Wife-ing, or Sleeping, I'll be attempting to write 80,000 words in one month, I thought I'd share some of my All the Feels posts from YA Stands here on my blog in case you missed them the first time.


All the Feels is a new bi-weekly feature here at YA Stands where we'll explore the ups and downs of writing life and how to make it easier. I'll be leading a discussion on both internal (feels) and external (facts) tricks we can use to make the journey to publication a little less painful. Because writing is hard, y'all. 


I've been a therapist for thirteen years, everything from counseling terminally ill kids to helping parents ensure their disabled students' rights are being upheld in schools and families through the grief of losing their children to drugs. None of that prepared me for the tumultuous journey of getting a literary agent. I'm also the mother of a one-year-old, a full-time-working mom and wife with two side gigs, and the occasional glimmer of a social life. I multitask like a boss. And over the years I've found some pretty great resources to make all of that a smidge easier.  

I don't have all the answers, but I have some, and I'm hoping through comments and dialogue we can spend some time figuring things out as a team. Because that's the awesome part of the writing community (well one of them, anyway). We're in this together.



Since I became a mom last year, the hardest thing for me has been finding time to write. Next time we'll talk about multitasking and some handy apps for taking your writing with you or if you find yourself in a rocking chair with only your cell phone to keep you occupied until Princess finishes her nap (because your boobs are the only place she'll sleep). 

No comments:

Post a Comment