Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: July 30, 2013--Top Ten Best Beginnings & Endings

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. <~~~Click Here to learn more and join the blog hop!


Top Ten Best Beginnings & Endings


This is the first Top Ten Tuesday where I haven't completed my list. One because I am ladyballs deep in revision at the moment, but mostly because I'm really particular about beginnings and endings. But I came up with nine, so here we go!

Beginnings 
10. Across the Universe--Beth Revis9. Mockingjay--Suzanne Collins
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows--J.K. Rowling 
7. The Fault in Our Stars--John Green
6. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock--Matthew Quick (which I am in the middle of reading thanks to NetGalley and Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. *whispers* Be jealous because it is awesome so far.)








Endings






5. A Really Awesome Mess--Trish Cook & Brendan Halpin
4. Catching Fire--Suzanne Collins
3. Shades of Earth--Beth Revis
2. To Kill a Mockingbird--Harper Lee
1. ??? Maybe I'll write one to fill in the blanks someday, eh?

What are your favorite beginnings and/or endings? What do you look for at the start and end of a book?

8 comments:

  1. Hm, I never really thought about it but I think I really did like the beginning of Across the Universe... I really need to finish the series if Shades of Earth is also on your list.

    Personally I liked the end of Mockingjay more than the beginning; even if it did leave me clutching the book to my chest, rocking back and forth, and crying my eyes out.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like the epilogue of Mockingjay ruined the rest of the book for me. I'm super picky about epilogues though. And you should read Shades for sure! It is amazing.

      Delete
  2. Great list. I loved the beginning and the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't crazy about the end (meaning the Epilogue) but the final chapter, absolutely!

      Delete
  3. The ending of Shades of Earth was incredible. I loved that whole series! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought it was perfect. I had this big moment of despair a few chapters before the end, even though I'd read a spoiler, so I knew that part was going to happen, but there were still actual tears involved. Beth makes me want to write sci-fi, which from a girl who loathes all things Star Trek is ridiculously high praise.

      Delete
  4. Good list, I love both the beginning and end of The Fault in Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete