Top Ten Words/Topics
That Will Make Me NOT Pick Up a Book
10. Any book with a pink cover. I have an aversion to pink. Blame Freud.
9. Sarah Dessen--not a big fan of formulaic writers in general, but her formula in particular causes my eyeballs to stick to the tops of their sockets.
8. Straight up bodice-rippers, anything with half naked men on the cover. Give me a story with some originality and plot that is engaging, not that you skim over to get to the sexytimes.
7. Sparkly vampires. 'Nough. said. *shudder*
6. Faith-based fiction. This has more to do with me than the books.
5. I used to say sci-fi but I've changed my tune over the last couple years. Love me some YA light sci-fi now.
4. Left-leaning political books. They remind me of everything people elsewhere hate about Americans.
|God bless The Onion.|
2. Historical fiction. I completely blame Mrs. Storey, my 11th grade AP American History teacher for this. She ruined history for me.
1. Any book geared toward teen readers that normalizes binge drinking or other substance abuse.