Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday's Children: Inspired by Gratitude

Thursday's children is a blog meme where writers blog about what inspires them. Click here to find out more and join us!


Last week my Thursday's Children post was overshadowed by big BIG news! After two manuscripts and endless queries, I'm still overwhelmed by the concept that I have an agent. More than that, I know I don't deserve all the credit. I had an impressive team of beta readers, some platinum CPs, and an all-star cast of rejecting agents who helped get me and my book, IMPERFECTLY FINE, to the place where we earned a contract.

My beta readers especially are AMAZING. "Hey can you read a 300 page manuscript for me this weekend?" The answer was almost always yes and their insightful feedback was priceless. And unlike CPs, who were also getting crits from me, my betas didn't ask for anything in return. 

So thank you so much to everyone who has supported me on this journey so far. You guys rock my Red Sox and you bet your butts you'll be finding your names in my acknowledgements someday. 

And to my cheerleaders who haven't had a chance to read or are waiting for Skylar to hit the shelves, you get me through the days where I want to quit. Love you, my BH familia.

Most of all, I'm thankful to my incredible husband who puts up with me through good writing days and bad and occasionally watches the kid so I can go to Starbucks and actually get something done. He's my favorite cheerleader of all. ;)

For now, though, I've got a huge ass edit letter from Thao to tackle. I'll be in the Bat Cave if anyone needs me. :)

Who are you grateful for along your writing journey?


<!– start LinkyTools script –>

<!– end LinkyTools script –>

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you and inspired. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.miaceleste.com/?p=376

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete