Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo Wrap Up and Pitch Wars!

So, on November 18th, I was getting downhearted about my querying experience, feeling like maybe I wasn't quite ready, but not really sure what to do next. I was flipping around on my external hard drive (because that's what nerdy girls do when they're feeling disheartened about their nerdliness) and I found notes for a manuscript I never got around to writing.

So I started NaNoWriMo. With only 12 days to go.

Well...

Woot! Woot!



It's probably complete rubbish. I'll most likely not use any of it. But I just needed to take a break from querying and from a manuscript I adore but I've been beating my head against for the past seven months, and I just wanted to BE CREATIVE.

I did. And I'm glad. Because, really, even if all you get is a little jpeg to put up on your blog, winning? Feels awesome.

Now I can sleep for all of December right?

WRONG! (Well, hopefully.) If you write YA, NA or Adult fiction, have a finished manuscript, but lack an agent, and you haven't checked out #PitchWars on Twitter or around the writing blogisphere, you are missing a seriously awesomesauce opportunity. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment